UNI to Host Scriptwriting and Film Competition
A ten-minute film.
One of the top film directors in Hungary.
Only at UNI.
If you have a story inside you but have never quite had the skillset or the opportunity to produce a film, here is your chance. This competition is open to ALL University of Northern Iowa students.
During the Spring 2015 semester, visiting artist and award-winning Hungarian film director Ferenc Török will teach a film narrative production course (COMM EM 3655) to UNI students with the best scripts.
Taking COMM EM 4600/5600 Selected Topics in Electronic Media: Scriptwriting (3 credit hours) with Prof. Francesca Soans in Fall 2014 is highly recommended. This course is open to all UNI students.
To be part of this amazing experience:
- Take the COMM EM 4600/5600 Scriptwriting course in Fall 2014. (optional)
- Submit a 3-page script treatment based on a life-changing event by OCTOBER 31, 2014. E-mail the treatments to: Christopher Martin, Department Head, Communication Studies, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mr. Török will choose the entries with the most solid ideas and beautiful storytelling.
- You will be admitted into this small and intimate Spring 2015 course, and your life will be changed forever.
Up to 15 script treatments will be chosen. No prior production or scriptwriting experience is required.
All students admitted to the Spring 2015 film directing course will learn to shoot and edit their films, which will be presented at the end of the year to a wide audience.
For more information, contact:
- Christopher R. Martin, Professor and Head, Communication Studies, email@example.com
- Francesca Soans, Associate Professor, Communication Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org
The script and film competition with acclaimed European film director Ferenc Török is possible through the support of the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences.