Assistant Professor, Interactive Digital Studies
Research & Scholarship
Computational text analysis; computational media research; digital humanities; relationship between public relations and news media content
Web development, programming, digital media skills, research methods for humanities and social sciences
- Interactive Digital Communication
- Communication & Code
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Interactive Digital Studies Practicum
- PhD, Journalism Studies, University of Maryland, 2013
Dissertation: "Computational methods applied to mass communication research: The case of press release content in news media"
- MS, Computer Science, University of Northern Iowa, 2008
Thesis: "Specification and automatic code generation of the data layer for data-intensive web applications"
- MA, Communication Studies, University of Northern Iowa, 2007
Thesis: "Significance of the general public for public relations: a study of the blogosphere’s impact on the October 2006 Edelman/Wal-Mart crisis"
- Diploma, Journalism, St. Petersburg State University, Russia, 1998
- Graduate coursework in computer science, Arizona State University, 2007