Department of Communication Studies
- To qualify a student must:
- Be fully admitted to the program.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 hours graduate course work in the department.
- Be able to demonstrate a knowledge of research methods.
- Submit a proposal (3 pages maximum) which explains his/her rationale, as it relates to the degree program, for completing an internship to the Director of Graduate Program.
- A student must have an advisor for the project who is a member of the graduate faculty.
- Students may enroll in a 2 or 3 credit internship and the course may not be repeated.
- A minimum of 50 hours on site must be completed for each credit hour.
- Interns must complete a research project which required the use of research skills. This project should meet the goals of both the student and organization.
- Students must submit an activity summary, portfolio, and self-evaluation at the end of the internship experience to their graduate intern advisor. Depending upon the nature of the project, additional requirements may be imposed.
- Students will be evaluated by their organizational supervisor and their graduate intern advisor.