Through its activities, the Regents' Center aims to accomplish the following:
- Develop research-based programs and curriculum materials that respect the unique developmental needs of young children and their families;
- Promote applied and interdisciplinary research in early education;
- Disseminate information about developmentally appropriate early education to educators, parents, and the public at state, national, and international levels through workshops, conferences, and publications;
- Assist in developing early education programs for at-risk children and their families;
- Inform policy makers abut the developmental and educational needs of young children and their families;
- Develop a model program for educating preservice and inservice teachers in developmentally appropriate education; and
- Promote interinstitutional collaboration among the three State Regents' universities, other educational agencies, and government agencies.