Welcome to the new Empowering Preschool Quality website! On January 28th we had our Webinar launch of the site. To view the webinar Click Here! Feel free to look around the site and if you have any comments or would like to order a set of dvds please take the time to fill out the appropriate forms.
This web site was created to provide resources for early childhood professionals and the trainers providing professional development for them.
With the strong focus on early childhood education in recent years the EPQ Project is striving to meet the needs of teachers who are continually working to better serve young children. As the EPQ Project continues to grow, content will be added and revised as appropriate to meet the changing needs of teaching professionals and trainers.
As you explore this web site, you will find a wealth of information including:
- Video examples of children and teachers in classroom settings that relate to specific
- Iowa Early Learning Standards (IELS)
- Iowa Quality Preschool Program Standards (IQPPS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and Accreditation Criteria
- A page for Trainers with resources to support their work
Although this work is based primarily on Iowa standards, the information contained in this web site is useful to early childhood professionals, consultants, or professional development providers outside of Iowa. The video examples illustrate high-quality preschool practices and will reflect the standards adopted by most states.
The EPQ Project was developed to help early childhood professionals and trainers achieve ever higher levels of excellence. You can help the EPQ Project achieve this by sharing your suggestions on how we can improve via our comment form.
Reading Together (This clip is currently awaiting copyright permission.)
View Reading Together (This clip is currently awaiting copyright permission.)
View Brushing Teeth
Setting Up the Environment
Classroom set up is conducive to cooperative peer interactions.
View Setting Up the Environment
Welcome to your new Drupal website!
Please follow these steps to set up and start using your website:
- Configure your website Once logged in, visit the administration section, where you can customize and configure all aspects of your website.
- Enable additional functionality Next, visit the module list and enable features which suit your specific needs. You can find additional modules in the Drupal modules download section.
- Customize your website design To change the "look and feel" of your website, visit the themes section. You may choose from one of the included themes or download additional themes from the Drupal themes download section.
- Start posting content Finally, you can create content for your website. This message will disappear once you have promoted a post to the front page.