*Roles and Responsibilities of the Site Coordinator(s)
1. Assist with recruiting mentor teachers for Level 1, 2, and 3 field experience
placements and serve as the contact person for other placement requests at the school.
2. Assist with making appropriate placement matches and completing associated
3. Coordinate and lead an orientation event for field experience students,
usually during the 3rd week of UNI classes.
4. Act as a liaison between mentor teachers in the school and university faculty.
5. Provide on-site problem-solving for all stakeholders (responsibilities,
requirements, concerns, scheduling conflicts).
6. Conduct needs assessments of mentor teachers regarding professional
development, direction, or incentives.
7. Assist with collecting evaluations, surveys, and other information from
8. Serve as contact person to coordinate initial requests for research (permission
to conduct research must be obtained through the Central Administration and the Institutional Review Board).
**Roles and Responsibilities of the Level 1 Supervisors:
Act as a liaison between the school and university, building a relationship of trust and support.
Provide mentor teachers with regular personal communication, support, information, and materials relevant to working with preservice teachers in field experiences.
Encourage active interactions and reflection by preservice teachers in the field experience
Communicate placement issues to the Coordinator of Field Placements and student concerns to the professor of record, follow up with student concerns at the request of the teacher, including observing, conferencing, and coaching.
Communicate school requests for professional development, technical assistance, or other needs to the Director of the PDS.