LeaAnn Shaddox, M.A.
- Presented at the 2004 II International Conference for Physical Educators (ICPE), Promoting Wellnesss: A Model University Program, Hong Kong, July, 2004.
- Presented at the 2002 ICHPER-SD World Congress, Leisure and Wellness: A University ModelÂ¡Â¨, Taipei, Taiwan, June, 2002
- Presentation with Dr. Sandra Williamson, Personal Wellness: An Introduction, 5th Annual Conference on Higher Education, St. Petersburg, Russia, May, 2002
- Presentation with Dr. Tom Davis, A Required Personal Wellness Course for American University Students. Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, People's Republic of China. October, 2001
- Presentation with Dr. Tom Davis, 2001, A Required Personal Wellness Course for American University Students. Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, People's Republic of China. October, 2001
- Presented at the 2001 Asia-Pacific Rim Conference on Exercise and Sport Science, Personal Wellness: Increasing Awareness For Healthy Lifestyles, Seoul South Korea, July 8, 2001
- Presented as Member of panel for Faculty Point of View for parents, Summer Orientation, 2001, 2005.
- Presented to freshmen and transfer student-athletes about the Challenges of College, Fall 2001.
- Personal Wellness on the Web. Presented at the Educational Technology Conference, UNI, February 23, 2001.
- Presenter at 1986 IAHPERD convention titled Aerobic Dance for Children.
- Published in refereed journal, College Student Journal, with Dr. Mick Mack, Changes in Short-Term Attitudes Toward Physical Activity and Exercise of University Personal Wellness Students, December, 2004.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health/Fitness Instructor December 1997
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America , (AFAA), November 1997 Fresh Start Smoking Cessation Facilitator Training Certification, April 1998
- CPR/AED current
University of Northern Iowa , Cedar Falls , IA August , 2000 to present
Coordinator of Liberal Arts Core
Instructor and Coordinator of Wellness Resource Laboratory
â€¢ Schedule courses for liberal arts core classes, integrate new textbook into program, represent division at Cabinet meetings, coordinate, schedule and conduct (BIA) body composition testing, NutriCalc nutritional assessments and consultations for Personal Wellness classes, supervisor of graduate students in the Wellness Lab, assisting with new instructors with their teaching assignments, coordinating supplementary activities for Personal Wellness classes, in charge of grading Personal Wellness classes, organizing class guidelines of aerobic and skill lab sections of Personal Wellness, serving as member of Liberal Arts Core Review Committee, teaching exercise theory and nutrition component of Personal Wellness lecture, Conditioning Theory and Practice and lifetime conditioning and skill classes in aerobic exercise, aerobic exercise and weight control, personal conditioning, aerobic conditioning, tennis, racquetball, volleyball, track and field fundamentals and track and field theory.
Head Women's Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, 1985 to 1997
â€¢ Responsibilities included directing and coaching a Division I program in Missouri Valley Conference, recruiting, travel arrangements, budget preparation, designing training programs, meet director for collegiate home meets as well as high school Dickinson Invitational
University of Iowa , Iowa City , IA 1984 to 1985
Graduate Assistant in Physical Education Department
â€¢ Taught numerous classes in aerobic dance, jogging, tennis, new games, And weight training.
Volunteer Assistant Coach, Women's Track and Field and
Cross Country Teams
â€¢ Responsibilities included: Coaching middle to long distance team, Recruiting, travel arrangements, budget preparation
Marquette High School , West Point , Iowa 1977 to 1984
â€¢ Taught classes from junior high to high school in Physical Education, Spanish and English. Other responsibilities included: coaching girls Cross country, track and field, junior varsity basketball, cheerleader advisor, drill team advisor, and junior class supervisor.
University of Northern Iowa
203 Wellness & Recreation Center
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0241