Transfer Student Admittance into the Athletic Training Program
All students wishing to transfer to the University of Northern Iowa Athletic Training Program must first meet all of the pre-admission requirements. Upon admission to the UNI Athletic Training Program the student may petition that prior course work and clinical experiences be considered as equivalents of courses and or clinical experiences within the UNI Athletic Training Program. The following are policies and procedures which will be followed in order to consider transfer students prior work.
- The transfer student must submit in writing their request for accepting previous coursework and clinical experiences. Included in this document should be the following:
- Name of course, credit hours, professor, institution offered, and name of the UNI course it will be substituting.
- A notarized copy of the BOC Verification of Supervision form for all previous clinical experiences.
- A copy of published course descriptions of all courses.
- A detailed copy of a course syllabus for all courses or a letter from the instructor describing in complete detail what the course taught.
Course Acceptance Procedures:
- The committee will review each of the course descriptions and syllabi.
- The committee will then compare the said course to the UNI course and determine if they are comparable. The following criteria will be evaluated:
- Credit hours
- Laboratory experiences
- If the course does not have comparable credit hours, content, and laboratory experiences the course will not be substituted for the UNI course and the student will follow the normal athletic training curricular plan.
- If the course has comparable criterion to the UNI course the student will then be placed within the curricular plan where appropriate.
Clinical Experience Acceptance Procedures:
- The committee will review each of the NATABOC Verification of Supervision forms.
- The committee will then compare the said clinical experience to the UNI clinical experience and determine if they are comparable. The following criteria will be evaluated:
- Clinical setting
- Type of supervision
- If the course does not have comparable assignments, responsibilities, clinical settings or supervision the clinical experience will not be substituted for the UNI clinical experience and the student will follow the normal athletic training field experience rotation plan.
- If the clinical experience has comparable criterion to the UNI clinical experience the student will then be placed within the curricular plan where appropriate.
Note: The UNI Athletic Training Admission Committee has the right to accept or reject any prior coursework or clinical experience in accordance to the above procedures.
Further questions regarding UNI's Athletic Training Education Program should be directed to our Undergraduate Program Director Kellie Snyder (319-273-7401) or firstname.lastname@example.org