HPELS 1059 Dimensions of Well-Being (DWB) is a 2 credit hour pilot course. It satisfies the LAC Category 1D requirement. This means students can choose to take HPELS 1010 Personal Wellness (3 credit hours) or HPELS 1059 Dimensions of Well-Being (2 credit hours) to fulfill the LAC Category 1D requirement.
Students who have already taken Personal Wellness do not need to take DWB. Students who have earned an unsatisfactory grade in Personal Wellness and wish to retake the course, can retake Personal Wellness or DWB. A grade earned in DWB will automatically replace the grade previously earned in Personal Wellness. Please note that DWB is a 2 credit hour course whereas Personal Wellness is 3 credit hours. The student's GPA will be recalculated accordingly.
- The DWB course includes two components:
- DWB Lecture/Discussion: Specific Topic (1 credit hour)
- DWB Lab: Specific Topic (1 credit hour)
- Multiple lecture and lab options are offered each semester. Check Course Schedule for offerings.
- Students can take a lecture and a lab in any order, but both components must be completed in one semester.
- Each lecture/discussion and lab course is 8 weeks (16 class periods).
Please note that students are required to successfully complete both components within the Dimensions of Well-Being sequence: DWB lecture/discussion (1 hr.) and DWB Lab (1 hr.) to satisfy the LAC Category 1D requirement.
Course descriptions can be found here. Course offerings vary by semester. Please see the Course Schedule for specific offerings.
All of the DWB lectures have section numbers like 80, 81, etc. or 90, 91, etc. The DWB labs are numbered 8B, 8C, etc. or 9A, 9B, etc. Choose one of each when registering for the course.