Information for Students
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible to student teach:
- be fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program. (This is a requirement before registering for any Level II class.)
- completed the High Risk Behaviors/Substance Abuse seminar.
- attend Student Teaching Orientation on first two days of each semester
Fall Orientation is for fall of the following school year
Spring 2013 Orientation is for spring of the following school year
Students who miss Orientation must view the video available in the IRTS Lab, SEC 222, before coming to SEC 509 to pick up a student teaching packet
- meet all grade point average requirements for student teaching:
a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher on work at all colleges and universities
a UNI GPA of 2.50 or higher
a 2.50 GPA in my academic department (major)
Note: Math majors are required to have a departmental GPA of 2.25 or higher AND departmental approval.
a 2.50 or higher cumulative GPA and a grade of C-(1.67) or higher in each Professional Education Sequence course (effective January 1, 2009)
all methods courses listed as prerequisites for student teaching with a grade of C (2.00) or higher as well as other departmental requirements.
NOTE: Check for specific department requirements when more than one professional methods course is required. Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School/Junior High School majors and Special Education minors are required to have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and not lower than a C (2.00) in methods courses that are required prerequisites for student teaching.
- retained an acceptable professional disposition.
- meet all other departmental requirements.
Note: Health Education and Physical Education majors are required to have current First Aid and CPR certification prior to student teaching.
- be responsible for all dates associated with student teaching process
Forms (Click the links below to download the following forms)
- Personal and Professional Papers
- Two-Week Progress
- Absence Form
- Employment Notification
Teacher Work Sample (Click the links below to access information)
TWS Examples from Previous Semesters (Click the links below to download examples)
Registration: Your student teaching registration will be completed by the Office of Student Field Experiences. You will not be allowed to register for any classes during your student teaching semester.