The Educational Leadership Faculty at the University of Northern Iowa develop and nurture reflective Leaders of Learning, Service, and Change who positively impact student achievement and school improvement.
The Educational Leadership Program features:
- A rigorous and relevant Educational Leadership experience fully aligned with the Iowa Standards for School Leaders (ISSL) and UNI Educational Leadership's Core Values--Leadership of Learning, Service and Change;
- A team of passionate, award-winning faculty members who have walked the walk of school leadership:
- Theory connected to practice through an exciting, field-based internship in local school districts and communities;
- Lifelong Relationships developed together in cohort groups through interactive video conferencing, online instruction and a dynamic nine day on-campus summer experience during the first summer of enrollment;
- Access to top notch technical support through Continuing Education and Special Programs;
- Access to a host of resources for distance education students through the Rod Library;
- Immersion in a Network of Practice, consisting of field and university-based professors, as well as multiple mentors in Iowa school districts;
- A forward-looking program, focused on growing the skills, knowledge, and dispositions needed for leaders to impact student learning;
- A focus on developing educators' leadership capacity form the classroom to the central office, to Area Education Agencies.