The Educational Leadership Faculty at the University of Northern Iowa develop and nurture reflective Leaders of Learning, Service, and Change who positively impact student achievement and school improvement.
The Educational Leadership Program features:
- A rigorous and relevant Educational Leadership experience aligned with the Iowa Standards for School Leaders (ISSL)
- Theory connected to practice through an exciting, field-based internship in local school districts and communities
- Relationships developed together in cohort groups, while experiencing courses via interactive video conferencing methods (including the Iowa Communications Network [ICN]) and online using eLearning, a Blackboard learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser, as well as face-to-face interaction during a two year course of study, including two summers. Access to a high-speed Internet connection and a webcam/microphone (common in newer computers) may also be required. While most students encounter very few technical difficulties, our team of support specialists is available to assist you as needed. For your convenience, you will have electronic access to the UNI Rod Library.
- Immersion in a Network of Practice, consisting of field and university-based professors, as well as multiple mentors in Iowa school districts
- A forward-looking program, focused on growing the skills, knowledge, and dispositions needed for leaders to impact student achievement
- Developing educators' leadership capacity form the classroom to the central office, to Area Education Agencies