To begin in Spring 2014, please submit materials by October 1, 2013.
To begin in Fall 2014, please submit materials by February 1, 2014.
Master of Arts Degree: Postsecondary Education - Student Affairs
Admission to the Student Affairs program is based on the following requirements:
- A completed Application to Graduate Study form PDF or online
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- An official transcript of all previous undergraduate and graduate credit (mailed by Registrar's Office to UNI's Admissions Office)
- At least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- A two-page essay in which you discuss your motivation to join the Student Affairs profession. You may want to describe how your life has been impacted by interaction with a student life professional, or you may want to relate a story about an experience that drew you to working in this field (PDF)
- Three letters of recommendation written by persons familiar with your academic ability and potential for student affairs work (Persons can send letters of recommendation by mail to the department, or by email to email@example.com, as a PDF)
- A current resume (PDF)
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language Examination (TOEFL) and achieve a score of at least 600
Note: GRE is not required for admission to the Master's degree program.
A campus visit and meeting with program faculty is strongly encouraged.
To ensure full consideration, all materials should be sent to the Educational Leadership and Postsecondary Education Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, contact:
Dr. Michael D. Waggoner
Coordinator: Graduate Program in Postsecondary Education: Student Affairs
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0604