Why study School Psychology at UNI
- The program is NASP-approved
- Faculty are licensed school psychologists who have experience as practitioners and remain active in the schools.
- School psychology students are in the schools for practicum every semester of the program except summer term. (Please see the Student Handbook for additional details about the practica experiences.)
- Fall of MAE year- students shadow three school psychologists in different settings
- Spring of MAE year- students work in an elementary classroom one day per week. All students and the instructor are on-site at the same time
- Fall Ed.S. year- students work under the supervision of a school psychologist one day per week
- Spring Ed.S. year- students work under the supervision of a school psychologist two days per week.
- School psychologist interns in Iowa are paid as a first year school psychologist.