For New Site Coordinators:
You will be hired as a temporary UNI employee and will be paid at the end of each semester, on December 31s and May 30th. Unfortunately, this means that you will need to complete all UNI new employee paper work (unless you have already completed this for other UNI work in the last two years) AND the additional Site Coordinator Information form below. Fortunately, this means that you will qualify for UNI employee benefits like purchasing a Wellness Center Membership (http://www.uni.edu/wellrec/user_policy/index.html) or employee discounts on PC or software purchases (http://www.uni.edu/its/us/purchase/).
To be paid, you MUST complete the following ASAP (by September 1st for fall start dates and by February 1st for spring start dates)
- Complete and sign the Site Coordinator info sheet (attached) and scan & email back to me, fax it back (273-6457) or mail it back to me (114H Price Lab School, 1901 Campus St., Cedar Falls, IA 50613).
- Complete all new employee paperwork at UNI Human Resources, 027 Gilchrist Hall. HR's hours are M-F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Which will include:
- I-9 - This is the employment eligibility form for which you will need to show two forms of identification (they are picky about the forms of ID, see attachment on I-9 below)
- Direct Deposit - If you want direct deposit, you need to bring a voided check.
- W-4 - This is the form that determines tax withholdings for payroll. You will need to know what you want to claim for allowances.
- Data Sheet - This is general information about the employee like name, address, etc.
- If you are interested in purchasing a Wellness Center Membership, you will need a UNI photo ID card, which you can get at UNI Department of Residence at the Redeker Center. Because you are not paid until later in the semester, you will not have an official employee number until after that time. Therefore, DOR will give you a temporary non-employee number to allow you to get the card and access the WRC. I will be sending a list of eligible UNI PDS employees to the WRC on about September 1st. I apologize for the inconvenience and hassle involved for you at such a busy time of year, but welcome you enthusiastically to formal employment at UNI!.