Doctoral Graduate Assistantship
Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Curriculum and Instruction
Reports to: Dr. Stephanie Logan, Assistant Professor - Elementary Education
Terms of Employment:
Spring semester – 20 hours per week (half-time 10 hours per week). Beginning January 9, 2017 and ending May 5, 2017. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Full assistantship salary (20 hrs./wk.) for 2016-2017 is $5,044 per semester.
- Half assistantship salary (10 hrs./wk.) for 2016-2017 is $2,522 per semester.
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during
- Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantship/
- Attendance at meetings related to research or partnerships, and acting as a liaison
- between faculty, departments and other organizations involved in research.
- Conducting field research activities on and off campus.
- Literature search for appropriate articles from professional literature, including review and summarization, to support research.
- Writing and editing literature and manuscript reviews.
- Research data support including collecting, organizing, entering, labeling and analyzing data.
- Preparing poster displays, slide shows, hands-on examples and materials, including lectures, for presentations.
- Assisting with grant funding including locating grant funding sources, writing and/or preparing grant application information.
- Regular and prompt communication with supervisor
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred background experience in research, social studies, curriculum, and/or multicultural education.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships)
Applications received by December 15, 2016 will be given preferential consideration.