In November of 2005, C&I faculty and staff began developing a strategic plan to focus our efforts and strengthen our programs. The plan has evolved around the following five goals:
- Ensure a fully articulated and directed program, from entrance into the university through student teaching, for C&I majors.
- Increase diversity experiences for students through program and faculty.
- Acquire and direct resources necessary to prepare innovative 21st century educators.
- Advocate for appropriate and equitable budgetary support within the College of Education for C&I programs.
- Be leaders in local, state and national discussion concerning education issues.
Strategic Action Initiative subcommittees for each of these five goals continue to work collaboratively to define and carryout specific strategies and tactics designed to help us realize the goals we have set forth for our department.