M.A. International Affairs; Ohio University
M.A. Applied Linguistics; Ohio University
B.S. Business Management; Western New England University
- Directed the CIEP at the University of Northern Iowa since 2007.
- Taught English language learners in programs at Ohio University, Southern Illinois University, Vanderbilt University and University of Northern Iowa .
- Worked for international relief and development programs headquartered in New York City.
- Taught Federal Job Corps Program participants from Boston, New York, and Hartford.
- Authored numerous articles for publications related to English language instruction.
- Taught English to education majors at Mubon Chombung Teachers’ College in Thailand as a World Teach volunteer under the auspices of Harvard University.
- Participant in Southeast Asian Summer Institute at University of Hawaii.
- Worked in rural development as U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer in the Philippine Islands.
- Presented various topics on English language education to university faculties in Russia and Thailand.
- Visited numerous colleges and universities around the world including Russia, Finland, Japan, Thailand, and Turkey.
WHY DO YOU ENJOY WORKING WITH INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS?
I enjoy the exchange of culture and perspectives internationals provide me in my work and life. They remind me daily that we are all part of a larger world which is both challenging and interesting.
< BACK