The Culture and Intensive English Program will offer a scholarship to prospective CIEP students in Spring 2015. In normal circumstances, the scholarship will cover the cost of education for two consecutive sessions in the amount of the CIEP tuition cost. Other expenses such as housing, meals, books, health insurance and university fees are not covered in this scholarship. The total amount of the award is $4,900 which covers tuition for two sessions ($2,450 per session.)
Scholarship recipients must redeem the scholarship for consecutive sessions and continue to meet the scholarship requirements listed below. Generally, the CIEP tuition scholarship is a one-time award. Recipients may reapply for a second term if they choose to, but an additional award is not guaranteed or obligatory on behalf of the CIEP. If these conditions are not met, the recipient will forfeit the scholarship and the remaining amount may be granted to a new recipient for the remaining sessions. Scholarship funds are limited and may vary from year to year.
The purpose of the CIEP Tuition Scholarship is to supplement assistance provided to students for attending CIEP courses as well as to reward potential scholarship at the collegiate level with intensive language training. The rationale for the CIEP Tuition Scholarship is to develop formal procedures for issuing scholarships to students who demonstrate need, merit or both.
In order to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Have a high school diploma
- Provide proof of financial guarantee for the remainder of expenses
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be at least 18 years of age and meet regular admission requirements to the CIEP
- Be an international student, currently living outside of the United States
After receiving the scholarship, recipients must maintain eligibility by:
- Maintaining passing grades (73% or higher) during studies in the CIEP
- Maintaining F1 status through full-time enrollment and regular attendance
1.) Submit a complete CIEP application form and supporting documents (http://www.uni.edu/ciep/apply):
- Proof of financial guaranty
- Copy of valid passport
- Application fee of $75.00
2.) Complete the CIEP Tuition Scholarship Application Form and submit the following supporting documents:
- High School and/or college transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professional references such as an employer or instructor
The application deadline for the scholarship is October 31, 2014. When the CIEP receives all documents, the director will select the leading candidates and the scholarship committee members will chose the finalists. Scholarship applicants will be notified by email by November 15, 2014. All scholarship recipients must indicate acceptance or rejection of the offer by November 30, 2014. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
If you prefer not to apply online, you can also download the paper application here.