The Dean’s Scholars are a distinct and esteemed group of students, selected from hundreds of very qualified candidates for their exemplary academic and extracurricular achievements. The scholarship program offers this handful of exceptional students a scholarship each year, tickets to a multitude of shows, presentations and speakers, as well as mentoring and guidance from faculty, the dean and his staff. The recipients are offered unique and invaluable opportunities they might not otherwise encounter, in the hopes of continuing and surpassing their already outstanding accomplishments during their time at UNI.
- $6,000 per year for four years
- Incoming first-year students, directly from high school
- Must have an ACT score of 27 or higher
- Rank in the upper 15% of graduating class
- Students who plan to major in one of the following departments:
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Communication Studies
- Languages & Literatures
- Philosophy & World Religions
- UNIversity Scholarship Application, including an essay
- At least two letters of recommendation from a faculty member who is familiar with the student’s work and who can attest to demonstrated scholarly/artistic contributions to the department and to the discipline. Please deliver this letter to the departmental office.