Scholarships and awards are available to both incoming UNI students (first-year and transfer students) and current UNI students. One application completed through the online UNIversity Scholarship Application will be used to apply for college-level scholarships. All applicants will be considered for any of the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences scholarships for which they qualify.
To be considered, nominees for all awards must attend UNI in the Fall 2015 semester. To receive the full amount of the award, the student must enroll for both fall and spring semesters of the 2015-16 academic year.
Contact the dean's office, (319) 273-2725, for additional information and to submit transcripts and letters of reference. Other scholarships, listed on the Financial Aid Directory of Scholarships, are available through the various departments in the college. Please see individual department websites for additional scholarship opportunities. For more information regarding financial aid opportunities, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Incoming UNI Students
The deadline for online application for each of these scholarships is January 15. * Denotes scholarships available to incoming students.
- Dean's Scholarship*
- Donald and Marguerite McKay Scholarship*
- Science, Technology and Mathematics (STM) Scholarships*
- Albert D. & Susan (Johnson) Donovan Endowed Scholarship*
Current UNI Students
The deadline for online application for each of these scholarships is January 15. Nominees will be notified by departments approximately two weeks later, and letters will be sent to recipients later in the spring. Applications submitted by UNI seniors should indicate an expected graduation date. Scholarships will become a part of the student’s financial aid package. The scholarship will be credited to the student’s U-bill at the beginning of each semester.
- Louis Begeman Memorial Scholarship
- Jo Hern Curris Fund for Student Performance
- Dean's Award–Humanities and Fine Arts
- Dean's Student Award–Mathematics, Sciences and Technology
- James Hearst Award
- C.W. Lantz Scholarship
- Clifford McCollum Scholarship
- McKay Study Abroad Scholarship
- Dorothy Muzzy Scholarship Loan Program
- H.W. ("Bill") Reninger Scholarship
- Students First Scholarship
- Study Abroad Funding
- Irene M. Thompson Scholarship
- David Sands Wright Scholarships