The faculty senate for the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences represents the college faculty between college faculty meetings. Additionally, the college senate:
- Acts as the College Curriculum Committee.
- Arranges for annual elections of college representatives in all relevant university committees.
- Facilitates communication between the college faculty and the college representatives to University Faculty Senate.
- Functions in an advisory capacity to the Dean of the college.
- Creates ad hoc committees.
CHAS Faculty Senate is comprised of one voting member from each academic department, one non-voting member from the science education faculty and the Dean of the college as an ex-officio non-voting member. The college senate is scheduled to on meet the first and third Monday of each month during the fall and spring semesters, 3:30–5:00 p.m.