Grants & Awards
These grants may be used for a wide range of efforts to support faculty development in scholarly, creative, artistic or teaching but may not be used for travel except where such travel is critical for ongoing research/creative activity. These grants are intended to support research and creative activity in progress rather than dissemination of completed projects.
Amounts for these grants range up to $1,250. All funds awarded must be spent between the time the award is granted and May 31, 2017.
Tenured, pre-tenured, and renewable-term faculty in the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply. Eligible faculty may receive only one Faculty Research/Creative Activity Grant per academic year.
Electronic Submission Process
1) An electronic copy of the completed Faculty Research/Creative Activity Grant Application (application form, budget sheet and narrative) should be submitted to your department head and copied to the Office of the Dean of the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences (email@example.com).
2) Department heads will review and forward submissions electronically to the Office of the Dean of the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the applicant.
Review Periods and Dates
There will be three review periods with the following due dates for each:
October 3, 2016
December 5, 2016
February 6, 2017
For additional funding opportunities, both internal and external sources, visit the Office of Sponsored Programs website.
It is equally important to recognize those outstanding faculty members who contribute to both the college and university community. The following awards are made possible through funding by the dean's office:
- Faculty Excellence Award
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship or Creative Activity
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching in Departmental Programs
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching in the Liberal Arts Core