Cedar Valley Grows
Creating a sustainable network of shared community and school gardens in the Cedar Valley
Welcome to the Cedar Valley Grows website!
We are a collaboration of community partners that seeks to develop and maintain a network of community gardens in the Cedar Valley. Please join us! Contact Felicia Cass, the Cedar Valley Grows coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-883-8626).
Join us for a community meeting February 21 or 25, 2014 (
Feb. 20 meeting RESCHEDULED to Feb. 25 due to weather) to learn more about Cedar Valley Grows and get answers to your questions about the Request for Application forms (RFAs). View meeting times and locations.
Cedar Valley Grows is accepting applications for support in starting a community garden in Waterloo or Cedar Falls. Applications due March 14, 2014. View more application information.
Benefits of Community Gardens:
- Improves the quality of life for people in the garden
- Provides a catalyst for neighborhood and community development
- Stimulates social interaction
- Encourages self-reliance
- Beautifies neighborhoods
- Produces nutritious food
- Reduces family food budgets
- Conserves resources
- Creates opportunity for recreation, exercise, therapy, and education
- Reduces crime
- Preserves green space
- Creates income opportunities and economic development
- Reduces city heat from streets and parking lots
- Provides opportunities for intergenerational and cross-cultural connections