Buy Fresh, Buy Local
2014 Buy Fresh Buy Local Membership Registration is OPEN! Forms are due March 15, 2014.
Make checks payable to UNI-CEEE. Send your forms and payment to:
There are many resons to join the Buy Fresh, Buy Local campaign. Some of the benefits experienced by our members include:
- Each year we publish a paper and online version of our Local Food Directory (download the current directory). Many thousands of copies are distributed throughout our service area.
- Ads are run in local media outlets promoting local food and food businesses. Promotional posters and brochures are printed and distributed, encouraging buyers to support local growers.
- We assist in providing connections and building relationships with food producers and buyers.
- We create educational and informational opportunities for our members as well as the greater public.
- We host farm tours for food buyers each summer, thereby increasing relationships between producers and buyers.
- We supply food buyers with a weekly notice of available local food, making it easier for them to locate and purchase.
Contact Rachel Wobeter (email@example.com, 319-273-7883) to learn more and to sign up!