Two Minute Career Planner
Welcome back - let's get started! There are five items you need to know about as you begin to return for the fall semester.
1) Employers Helping YOU Interview Better!
Career Services has met with several employers the past few months. Great news – you will be sought after this year. The bad news, your interviewing skills are poor compared to Iowa & Iowa State. To help UNI students improve, we are bringing in hiring employers to provide mock interviews. Sign-up on CareerCat 2.0 by selecting "Search for Jobs" and type "Mock" to the Job Title search field.
|AEGON||Allen Hospitla||American Red Cross|
|Clifton Gunderson||Deloitte||Family & Children's Council|
|John Deere||McGladrey||Mudd Advertising|
|Nationwide Insurance||NewAldaya Lifescapes||Peterson Contractors|
|Principal||Target & Target Distribution||Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare|
2) Why Can't I Login to CareerCat?
The central job board for campus – CareerCat 2.0, has some nice improvements including a resume and portfolio builder. Since the first email this summer, security has increased and a new registration procedure is in place.
- Click Here
- Access ID = UNI ID
- Email Address = UNI Email
3) Is Career Services Doing Anything for My Major | Printable Schedule
From accounting to psychology – your education only fills three lines of your resume. Find out how to get the experiences that will get you where you need to go.
4) Is the Career Fair Useful? | Sept. 19, 11 - 3 pm, McLeod Center
Career Fairs are only as useful as you make them. A career fair is the only place you can complete "mini-interviews" with multiple organizations (including grad schools). By the way, hiring is up – applications from UNI students is down.
5) I Need One More Class!
Need one more class? Already working a cool job that is providing you good "real world" experience? Get credit for it.
* You do not need to register for credit to have your internship listed on your transcript. UNI Career Services offers a Transcript Notation for this purpose. The registration process is the same - but you do not need to meet Academic Department Guidelines.