Botanical Center Services and Activities
In addition to care of the plant collection, the Biology Botanical Center staff coordinates and sponsors a wide range of both on and off-campus educational opportunities. Specially arranged services include:
- Coordinating Botanical Collection Tours, particularly for other UNI CANO-P (Cultural and Natural Outreach Program) members.
- Sponsoring adult education plant seminars.
- Coordinating volunteers who work in the botanical center and preserves.
- Sponsoring biology programs for youth, senior citizens and civic groups.
- Cooperating with the Friends of Butler County to sponsor an annual field day for schools.
- Serving as a Cooperative Work site for local high schools.
- Friends of Butler Center
- Clay Prairie Preserve
- UNI Biological Preserves Trail System Maps