I’M READY TO TAKE THE SPRING 2013 PROFICIENCY PROFILE!
(You may want to print this page. To get a single page pdf document with this information, click here.)
Locating the Test
- Using Internet Explorer, go to http://proficiencyprofile.ets.org/. Click on Download ETS® Proficiency Profile Browser.
- A new page appears. Click on Download ETS® Proficiency Profile Browser.
- You will see a security warning box (Do you want to run or save this file?) Click on Run.
- You will now be at a page that gives you opportunity to go through a tutorial on the test and also provides a space to enter your session number. If you choose to take the tutorial and then change your mind, just click “next” through the pages until you see a radial button on the bottom left that says “exit.” That will take you back to the page that allows you to enter your session number.
Select the session number for the area most closely related to your major or if you are a general studies or individual studies major, the area most closely related to the overall focus of your coursework. Click below to see majors by college.
Entering the Test Site
- After you enter the session number, enter your e-mail and click, “No, I have not logged in before.” Then hit Submit. (If you have logged in previously, but not done the test, click “Yes” and enter the password you used.)
- Use the mouse! If you hit a key after the test is started, you will be closed out of the test and will need to re-enter.
- Complete all of the Personal Profile, including providing an e-mail address and a password that you can easily remember. Your ID is your UNI student ID number (just your six digit number; you don’t need to start with three zeros). Your type of program is BA/BS. As a senior, your number of hours completed should be 90 or more. When the profile is completed, click Submit to continue.
- Click on Start online.
- You will see a brief description of the test. Click Next and you will see a list of things not to do while testing. Click Next and you will be taken to the Tutorial and Sample Test.
Tutorial and Sample Test (For additional information on Proficiency Profile and 2013 prizes, click here.)
- You can skip the Tutorial and Sample Test by clicking Next through the screens, but you may find this overview of how the test works to be useful. Your score on the sample test does not affect your final test score.
- When you have ended the Tutorial and Sample Test, there will be Directions. When you leave the directions and begin the first question, the test will start.
Taking the Test
- You will have 40 minutes to complete the test. A timer will let you know how much time remains.
- You can skip a question and go back to it; you can go back and change answers before you complete the test. Do your best—you aren’t expected to know all the answers!
- Click on Exit or End to complete the test. You will be asked if you are sure you want to end the test. After you exit, you will be thanked for completing the test. Click Next.
Getting Your Score and Leaving the Internet
- You will be asked to complete a brief evaluation of your testing experience. When you finish your evaluation of the test, you will be given your test score. If you have access to a printer, you can print your score.
- Click End. You will return to the session page; click Close in the upper right-hand corner of the page to get back to Internet Explorer. Close Internet Explorer.
Thank you for taking time to help UNI!