Academic Advising Handbook for Faculty & Staff
***NEW*** Registration Resources for Advisors
FAQs about class registration that faculty advisors should know:
When do students register for Fall 2013 classes?
- Graduate Students - November 4
- Seniors (90+ credit hours) - November 5
- Juniors (60-89 credit hours) - November 6 - 8
- Sophomores (30-59 credit hours) - November 9 - 12
- Freshmen (0-29 credit hours) - November 13 - 16
- Unclassified Students - November 16
* Appointment times will be assigned starting 8:00 a.m. and will run through 8:00 p.m. each day.
How do students register for classes using the new SIS?
How do students get into classes that are closed?
- Is there another section of the class open?
- Get on a waiting list if offered.
- Check back regularly to see if that class or another section has opened up.
- Ask the instructor or department for permission to join the class.
What is the ALEKS Math Placement Exam?
Where can students find a schedule of classes?
What is a registration hold? How does a hold get removed?
What is the purpose of the Liberal Arts Core?
What textbooks are needed for Liberal Arts Core classes?
How does a student check their Academic Advisement Report?
What is a Record Analyst? Who is my Record Analyst?
How to find an advisee's GPA?
What classes are offered to students for the Capstone requirement?
How does a student satisfy their Foreign Language requirement for graduation?
How can students find out more information about studying abroad?
Where is the 2013-14 New Student Handbook located?
Where can I find the 2012-13 Directory of Referral Resources?