Academic Advising Handbook for Faculty & Staff
***NEW*** Registration Resources for Advisors
FAQs about class registration that faculty advisors should know:
When do students register for Fall 2013 classes?
- Graduate Students - April 2
- Seniors (90+ credit hours) - April 3
- Juniors (60-89 credit hours) - April 5
- Sophomores (30-59 credit hours) - April 10
- Freshmen (0-29 credit hours) - April 15
- Unclassified Students - April 18
How do students register for classes using the new SIS?
How do students get into classes that are closed?
- Is there another section of the class open?
- Get on a waiting list if offered.
- Check back regularly to see if that class or another section has opened up.
- Ask the instructor or department for permission to join the class.
What is the ALEKS Math Placement Exam?
Where can students find a schedule of classes?
What is a registration hold? How does a hold get removed?
What is the purpose of the Liberal Arts Core?
What textbooks are needed for Liberal Arts Core classes?
How does a student check their Academic Advisement Report?
What is a Record Analyst? Who is my Record Analyst?
How to find an advisee's GPA?
What classes are offered to students for the Capstone requirement?
How does a student satisfy their Foreign Language requirement for graduation?
How can students find out more information about studying abroad?
Where is the 2012-13 New Student Handbook located?
Where can I find the 2012-13 Directory of Referral Resources?