Welcome to the UNI Faculty and Staff Advisor Handbook for advising undergraduate students. This online handbook is a place to provide essential information regarding the following:
- Advising at UNI
- Advisor Toolkit
- Course Registration
- Advising for Specific Populations
- Advising Coordinators & Contacts
- Professional Development
- Advising as a Faculty Function
- Advising Express Archive
- Kudos and Recognition
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick Links to: Academic Forms, Directory of University of Referrral Resources, Liberal Arts Core, Office of Academic Advising & Semester Dates to Observe
- And much more!
The links on the left side are to help faculty and staff be successful in their roles as advisors. The "Quick Links" on the right are to resources outside the handbook that advisors may need.
- Our December Advising Express Newsletter is out. Check it out here!
Congratulations to Dr. Lisa Jepsen for being awarded Winner of the National Academic Advising Assocication (NACADA) Outstanding Advising Award - Faculty Academic Advising. Dr. Jepsen is an associate professor in the Department of Economics. She genuinely cares about the welfare of her students and customizes her advising approach with each student.
As the global community for academic advising, each year NACADA recognizes both faculty and staff academic advisors throughout the world for exellence in academic advising and making significant contributions to the improvement of academic advising.
Dr. Jepsen is one of 15 recipients of the Outstanding Advisor Award - Faculty Academic Advising for this year.