a group speed dating approach to learning about majors of interest to you!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2014 * 7:00 - 9:00 P.M. * MAUCKER UNION BALLROOMS
Don't miss this opportunity to...
- Ask questions about majors to UPPERCLASS student representatives!
- Visit one major or visit them all! You choose your time commitment.
- Find possible major "matches.
What is Majors in Minutes?
Majors in Minutes is a way for students to learn more about a major. Its set up is similar to speed dating; every 7 minutes, a bell will ring and you have the choice to stay at your current table or visit a new one.
How does Majors in Minutes work?
If a major sounds interesting, you or a group of students can sit down and visit with an upper classman within the major to gather more information about it. After the bell rings, you may move to another major. Go to as many or as few as you would like!
When is the event?
Don't miss this opportunity! The event is being held Tuesday, October 28, 2014 in the Maucker Union Ballrooms from 7:00 - 9:00 pm.
Who will be there?
Hopefully, you and your friends! Junior and Senior students from the various majors will be there to share their experiences or answer your questions regarding a major. This is purely a student to student event. Talk to your RA or PAIR, grab a couple of friends and join us that night!
Majors in attendance:
To be Announced
Where is the event?
Majors in Minutes will be hosted in the Maucker Union Ballrooms, Tuesday, October 28, 2014 from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. See the map of the campus for assistance.
Do I need to bring anything?
Just bring any questions that you would like to have answered and a friend.
Wondering what to ask...Here are some starter questions for you!
- What do you study in (insert major here)?
- How did you get involved in this major?
- What are the different jobs/careers in this major?
- What surprised you about the major?
- What types of classes do you take? What classes would you suggest I take to learn more about the major?
- Are there skills or experiences I should have if I am thinking about the major?
- What do you like the most about this major? What do you like the least?
- Are there opportunities for internships or field experiences in the major? What are some examples of things I could do?
- Would you recommend getting involved in campus organizations? If so, which ones?
- Anything else you want to learn!
For more information or questions regarding this event contact Angie Tudor, Academic Advisor, at 319-273-3406.