Who is My Academic Advisor?
Your academic advisor's name is listed on your STUDENT CENTER on MyUNIverse. To access your Student Center:
- Log in to your MyUNIverse page
- Select the "Student Center" tab
- Choose "Go to my Student Center"
- Your academic advisor (labled as program advisor) and contact information will be listed in the right hand column.
Information about your declared major can be found under the "Academics" tab on your Student Center (labled as "plan" under the Institution/Career/Program heading). Once you have reviewed this academic information:
- If Major listed is correct and advisor or advising center is listed - Contact that specific advisor or advising center for assistance.
- If Major listed is correct but no Advisor or "None Assigned" is listed - Go to the academic department of your declared major to complete a Declaration of Curriculum form.
- If Major listed is not correct - Contact Academic Advising
Contact Academic Advising (319-273-3406) to obtain advising or departmental information for a specific major.
Academic Advisors in Academic Advising work with individuals who are deciding, changing majors, first-year students, and experiencing academic difficulties. We can help you develop meaningful educational plans compatible with your life and career goals. We provide information and assistance concerning:
- Choosing / changing your major
- Exploring minors and certificates
- Academic requirements, policies and procedures
- Resources and experiences for your success
Professional staff from Academic Advising are glad to visit with you to discuss your interests and skills and see how they relate to majors and/or careers. To make an appointment, visit our office in 102 Gilchrist Hall (upper level of Follon Student Services Center) or call 319-273-3406. Peer Academic Advisors in Residence are also available to assit you with your seach in these areas.