You are not alone if you are considering a change in major:
- According to the Natoinal Center for Educatoin Statistics:
- About 80% of students in the US end up changing their major at least once
- On average, college students change their major at least three times over the course of their college career
- Over 80% of new students entering college - even those that have declared a major - are still uncertain abou their decision and how they are personally connected to the academic program.
- Most studies show that 50% of college graduates pursue careers that are in careers directly related to their major. Keep in mind that there are many employers who are wanting you to have a degree - with the specific major not necessarily as important.
If you are a student who has still not selected a major or is thinking about a change in majors, utlize these resources from the Office of Academic Advising
or contact the Office of Academic Advsing to set up an appointment to meet with an academic advisor in 102 Gilchrist Hall / 319-273-3406.
You can also engage in self-exploration and your academic/career exploration journey through the Career Decision Making (POSTSEC 1050) two unit (elective credit) course offered at UNI.