Vision, Mission and Goals
UNI aspires to create the best academic advising experience for each student.
Academic Advising is a critical component of the teaching and learning environment at UNI. Advising is a personalized educational experience, empowering students to explore, articulate and achieve their academic, career and life goals.
- Promote a culture of quality academic advising through advisor education, recognition and reward, and advising program assessment.
- Assist students in understanding the nature and purpose of higher education.
- Ensure that all students have access to knowledgeable and respectful advisors.
- Provide accurate information about university requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Encourage, support and guide students to take responsibility for meeting their own educational, personal and career goals.