HLC Steering Committee Meeting
Thursday, September 24, 2009
3:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Presidential Room, Maucker Union
- Welcome - Bev
- September 3, 2009 meeting notes -Bev
- Instructions for reading the self-study report-Bev and Kate
- Foundations of Excellence update – April and Jon
- Feedback on self-study report from University community- Bev and DeWayne Purdy
Online discussion board (anonymous, names without authentication, authenticated)
- For the good of the order
HLC Steering Committee
September 24, 2009-3:15 p.m.
Presidential Room-Maucker Union
- Bev welcomed the group.
- September 3, 2009 meeting.notes - approved
- Instructions for reading the self-study report – Bev & Kate
Group discussed reading the self-study draft. Points covered:
- Keep in mind that we need a coherent voice in the document.
- Look for glaring omissions
Look for overlap and duplication
- Look at the fit between the analysis and the evidence that is supporting that analysis
- Look at Conclusions and recommendations very carefully
- Look at strength/challenges. They are not currently in priority order – think about whether they should be.
- We are using APA style. If you find typos or grammar errors, Shirley asks that you print the page, note it in color and send it to her.
- Don’t worry about spacing, headers, bullets at this stage
- Please send a list of your high level concerns to Shirley by 5pm Monday Oct 5.
- Feedback on self-study report from University community – Bev & DeWayne Purdy
DeWayne gave a presentation on the new website and its feedback capabilities. After discussing various possibilities the group decided to have a two stage process. 1) Post draft of self study and ask for feedback - via authenticated system such as through MyUniverse, but also allow people who wish to remain anonymous print a hard copy of form and send it through campus mail. 2) After looking at feedback, pick major themes and consider having an online discussion board on those themes.